Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I can't......Or can I???

Lately, I have seen a lot of people that have no belief that they are capable of doing anything they set out to accomplish. After what I would call an "off year" in 2011, I was determined to make 2012 my year and so far it's been a success. I have battled with obesity and health problems for years and I finally won that battle.  I lost 140 pounds and freed myself of any and all health issues.  I competed in 2 full marathons; a Sprint, Olympic, and half Ironman Triathlon; and multiple other endurance running events, something that 2 years ago I wouldn't even have dreamed of doing.  I am working hard to train for two 70.3 Ironman Competitions (Puerto Rico and Boulder), and my first 140.6 Ironman in St. George, Utah.  I am still considering whether or not to do Louisville, KY.  I am training 120+ miles per week and 20-30 hours per week.  I feel great, feel like I have control of what I am doing and the direction that my success is leading me.  I value the opportunity to work with such a great training organization in PRSFit and Coach Jeff.  I made valuable and lifelong friendships with members of Team MARATHON Bar.  I know that over the next few weeks as I prepare for IM Puerto Rico and finally get my new Fuji D6 TT Tri bike out on the road, that I will be pushing myself even harder. I never thought I would be swimming 2-3 miles a morning and not drowning!  I am still trying to recover from literally running into a parking meter while training in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.  Seriously, though off the subject, who still uses parking meters :) 

Friends, let me tell you if you want something, you and only you can make it happen.  The resources are endless.  Drop the "poor me and I can't attitude" and drive your own success.   I promise you, it works!  How many of us ever live our lives to full potential, how many even step out of our comfort zone once in a while and try to make a change?  We get cozy in life and with our daily and weekly routines, we can almost set our clocks by what events happen throughout the week.  We get comfortable with our excuses.  We lose the little bit of motivation we had to begin with.  We start with the "well next week I will start" statements.

While I know there is no easy solution to convincing ourselves we can, I suggest you just flow with the opportunities that come along.  If it feels right, do it, if it doesn't then just let it go and wait for something else to come along.  But don't give up completely and look for excuses as to why you can't do something about it.  Keep yourself in control of what you choose to do, this includes your own happiness. You can only control your destiny so stop worrying about everyone else's!  Be your own inspiration and while you learn to inspire yourself and push yourself forward to achieving whatever you desire, be a positive driving force to those around you.  Be an influence for someone else to make the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment